As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that relates to an identified or an identifiable individual (e.g., your name, physical address, telephone number, email address, social security number); and the term “non-personal information” means any information other than personal information that Wholesale Electric may collect from you, such as anonymized data.
Wholesale Electric implements security measures to help protect the personal information it collects through the Site. For example, Wholesale Electric encrypts the transmission of information through the Site by using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
To help maintain the security of your personal information, Wholesale Electric asks that you please notify it immediately of any unauthorized visit, access or use of the Site, or the loss or unauthorized use of your user access information for the Site (e.g., username or password).
Wholesale Electric may collect personal and non-personal information about you through the Site. Depending upon your use of the Site, the categories of such information might include:
• Your name (first, last and/or middle) and unique identifiers (e.g., username);
• Your login information for the Site (e.g., username, password, security questions and answers);
• Your contact information (e.g., mailing address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number);
• Your gender;
• Your date of birth;
• Your electronic signature;
• Your billing, payment or shipping information (e.g., payor or payee name, checking account number, credit card number, expiration date, verification code, accountholder name, cardholder name, billing address, mailing address, tax ID number, billing history);
• Your business information (e.g., company, title, mailing address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, tax ID number);
• Information related to your inquires about possible advertising opportunities with Wholesale Electric and/or one or more of its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies (e.g., brands, media, markets);
• Information related to your inquiries about possible employment with Wholesale Electric and/or one or more of its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies (e.g., name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, salary requirements, interests, resume);
• Your computer, mobile device, and/or browser information (e.g., IP address, mobile device ID information, operating system, connection speed, bandwidth, browser type, referring/exit web pages, web page requests, cookie information, hardware attributes, software attributes);
• Third-party website, network, platform, server and/or application information (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn);
• Usage activity concerning your interactions with the Site and/or third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications accessed through the Site (e.g., how you accessed the Site, where you go when you leave the Site, number of clicks on a page or feature, amount of time spent on the Site or a page or feature, identity of third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and applications accessed through the Site);
• Usage activity concerning products and services provided to or accessed by you on or through the Site (e.g., number of viewers, viewing habits, viewing preferences, viewing history, title selections, favorites, streams, downloads, demographics and closed captioning selections);
• Your transactional information (e.g., offers, orders, pricing, payments, purchaser, seller, item information, shipping terms, comments, ratings, feedback and instant messages and/or other communications made within or through the Site);
• Information about third parties that you refer to Wholesale Electric (e.g., name, email and/or other contact information, relationship);
• Information set forth in your online account registration, user profile, and/or user directory forms for the Site;
• Statements or content (e.g., comments, videos, photographs, images), and information about such statements or content, which you submit or publish on or through the Site or which are accessed via your public or linked social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
• Your name associated with your mobile device;
• Your telephone number associated with your mobile device;
• Your geolocation; and/or
• Your mobile device ID information.
Depending upon your use of the Site, Wholesale Electric might collect personal and non-personal information from you when you visit, access, register with, subscribe to or use the Site; when you register for, subscribe to, order or purchase any products and/or services on, through or in relation to the Site; when you “sign in,” “log in,” or the like to the Site; when you allow the Site to access, upload, download, import or export content found on or through, or to otherwise interact with, your computer or mobile device (or any other device you may use to visit, access or use the Site) or online accounts with third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications (e.g., your online social media accounts, your cloud drives and servers, your mobile device service provider); or whenever Wholesale Electric asks you for such information, such as, for example, when you process a payment through the Site, or when you answer an online survey or questionnaire.
In addition, if you or a third party sends Wholesale Electric a comment, message or other communication (such as, by way of example only, email, letter, fax, phone call, or voice message) about you or your activities on or through the Site, then Wholesale Electric may collect any personal or non-personal information provided therein or therewith.
Finally, Wholesale Electric might use various tracking, data aggregation and/or data analysis technologies, including, for example, the following:
• Cookies, which are small data files (e.g., text files) stored on the browser or device you use to view a website or message. They may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. There are several types of cookies, including, for example, browser cookies, session cookies, and persistent cookies. Cookies may record information you access on one page of a website to simplify subsequent interaction with that website, or to help streamline your transactions on related pages of that website. Most major browsers are set up so that they will initially accept cookies, but you might be able to adjust your browser’s or device’s preferences to issue you an alert when a cookie is downloaded, or to block, reject, disable, delete or manage the use of some or all cookies on your browser or device.
• Flash cookies, which are cookies written using Adobe Flash, and which may be permanently stored on your device. Like regular cookies, Flash cookies may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for regular cookies.
• Retargeting pixels, which are cookie-based technologies that might follow you across the web.
• Web beacons, which are pieces of code embedded in a website or email to monitor your activity on the website or your opening of the email, and which can pass along information such as the IP address of the computer or device you use to view the website or open the email, the URL page on which the web beacon is located, the type of browser that was used to access the website, and previously set cookie values. Web beacons are sometimes used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. Disabling your computer’s, device’s or browser’s cookies or other tracking technology features may prevent some web beacons from tracking or recording certain information about your activities.
• Tokens, which are digital objects or pieces of code that enable the tracking of emails and other electronic communications, online activities and devices (such as, for example, tracking tokens, device tokens), or that authenticate the identity of individuals or devices authorized to access certain secured information (such as, for example, access tokens). Disabling your computer’s, device’s or browser’s cookies or other tracking technology features may prevent some tokens from tracking certain information about your activities.
• Scripts, which are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by the user. Scripts are sometimes used to collect information about the user’s interactions with the website, such as the links the user clicks on. Scripts are often times temporarily downloaded to the user’s computer or device from the website server, active only while the user is connected to the Site, and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from the Site.
• Analytic tools and services, which are sometimes offered by third parties, and which track, measure and/or generate information about a website’s or program’s traffic, sales, audience and similar information, and which may be used for various reasons, such as, for example, statistical research, marketing research, and content ratings research, and conversion tracking.
• Other third-party data tracking or analytic technologies (e.g., deep linking, eTags, device fingerprinting or cross-device tracking).
Please be advised that if you choose to block, reject, disable, delete or change the management settings for any or all of the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies, then certain areas of the Site might not function properly.
By visiting, accessing, registering with or using the Site, you acknowledge and agree in each instance that you are giving Wholesale Electric permission to monitor or otherwise track your activities on the Site, and that Wholesale Electric may use the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies.
Wholesale Electric may use the personal and/or non-personal information it collects from you through the Site in a variety of ways, such as, for example, to:
• Fulfill your requests;
• Process your payments;
• Place, fulfill, process and/or track your orders and purchases;
• Facilitate your movement through the Site;
• Facilitate your use of the Site and/or its respective products and/or services;
• Provide customer service;
• Send you communications like, for example, administrative emails, answers to your questions and updates about the Site;
• Allow you to communicate with others through the Site like, for example, through online forums, chat rooms, and bulletin boards;
• Provide you with information about Wholesale Electric, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies and/or their respective businesses, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
• Provide you with information about third-party businesses, products and/or services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
• Improve the Site and/or its respective content, features and services;
• Improve the products, services, marketing and/or promotional efforts of Wholesale Electric and/or its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies;
• Create new products, services, marketing and/or promotions for Wholesale Electric and/or its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies;
• Market the businesses, products and/or services of Wholesale Electric and/or its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies;
• Help personalize user experiences with the Site and/or its respective products and services;
• Analyze traffic to and through the Site;
• Analyze user behavior and activity on or through the Site;
• Conduct research and measurement activities for purposes of product and service research and development, advertising claim substantiation, market research, and other activities related to Wholesale Electric, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, the Site, and/or their respective products and/or services;
• Monitor the activities of you and others on or through the Site;
• With your consent;
• Create device fingerprints and profiles about the possible relationships among different browsers and devices;
• Create consumer profiles, which may combine your personal or non-personal information from the Site with your personal or non-personal information from another source or service;
• Protect or enforce Wholesale Electric’s and/or its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies’ respective rights and properties; and/or
• Protect or enforce the rights and properties of others (which may include you).
Wholesale Electric reserves the right to use your personal and non-personal information when:
• Required by applicable law, court order or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process); or
• Wholesale Electric believes in good faith that such use is otherwise necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to investigate, prevent, or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations or properties of Wholesale Electric, a user of the Site which may include you or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities or to further Wholesale Electric’s legitimate business interests).
From time to time We may change our privacy policies because of changes in the relevant and applicable legal or regulatory requirements, changes in our business or business practices, or in our attempts to better serve our customers. Notice of any material changes in the manner in which We handle personally identifiable information under this policy will be provided on the Sites. Please check the Site periodically for updates. Policy updates shall be effective the date the change is posted on the Site. By continuing to use the Site after We post any changes, you agree to the terms of the updated policy.